Retail E-Commerce and Branding Expert, Former CEO of Shindigz and International Chairman of YPO
Connect With a Coach
Fill out this form to get in touch with one of our coaches.
Shep Moyle has been a leading entrepreneur, CEO, chairman, family business owner, and community leader for over three decades. He scaled his 96-year-old family business, Shindigz, averaging 20% growth every year for over 20 years, and building it into the third largest specialty branded retailer of party supplies, decoration, and personalized items globally. During his leadership and family ownership, the company sold over $2 billion worth of products in over 55 countries, more than half of which were manufactured by the company. Shep has deep experience in retail e-commerce, branding, digital marketing, acquisitions, on-demand manufacturing, and personalization across a variety of platforms, as well as supply chain and sourcing expertise. He worked in the business with his spouse and has broad experience in family business dynamics and transitions.
Shep is also deeply experienced in crisis management, accessing capital, and navigating/anticipating business challenges and difficulties – including successfully managing a social gathering business through the socially distanced time of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- As the CEO and Chairman of Shindigz for over 30 years, Shep successfully expanded the company to offer over 14,000 SKUs across a platform of seven brands targeting multiple channels and customers across a variety of celebrations and events. The company introduced over 1,500 products per year, generating 20% of sales each year from new and innovative products.
- Created a flexible and agile manufacturing platform to create custom products within 24 hours.
- Expanded broadly into creative and unique products and has deep background in licensing with partners such as Mattel and Hasbro.
- Recognized as an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, Party and Paper Magazine’s Online Party Retailer of the Year, and Catalog Success Magazine’s Cataloger of the Year nationally for his innovations and growth in the party and celebration space.
- Began his career with Frito Lay working in brand management on Doritos, Fritos, and Morning Snacks. He also served as Brand Manager of Tostitos, successfully re-launching a declining franchise with the introduction of Restaurant Style Tostitos, Lime Flavor, Bite Size, and White Corn.
- He has been an active angel investor, mentor to start ups, and advisor for young entrepreneurs across the country.
Volunteer and Personal Highlights:
Shep has been a member of the Young Presidents’ Organization (YPO) since the age of 28 and served as International Chairman of the YPO Board in 2005-06, focusing on networks, globalization, diversity, and a successful merger with the World Presidents’ Organization. In this position, he visited over 100 countries globally representing YPO. He served 10 years on the International Board, chaired Finance, Audit, and the Regional Chairs committee as well as chaired the Global Leadership Conference, led YPO education training, and created the award-winning Raising Responsible Children seminar. He has been recognized with the YPO Legacy award and multiple best of the best awards. He is also a member of the Chief Executives Organization.
Shep is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Duke University, where he has served on the Board of Trustees, as President of the Duke Alumni Association, and on the Duke Athletics and Innovation and Entrepreneurship Boards. He has been recognized with the Charles Dukes Award for lifetime contributions to the University. Shep is also an Honors MBA graduate of the Harvard Business School where he has remained active as a member of the HBS Alumni Board, as a Rock Summer Fellow, and as an advisor to many startups. He was selected as a Fellow in Harvard’s Advanced Leadership Program in Boston to develop a project to change the world, focusing his research on innovative and collaborative approaches to transform the “bench to bedside” delivery of cures and treatments for brain tumor patients.
He also served as chairman of a regional health system with over 4,000 employees and $1.6 billion in revenue, expanding the scope of the enterprise through acquisition and expansion.
Shep is an active triathlete, a passionate Duke basketball fan, and a very proud father of three grown children.