Former President and CEO of Maines Paper & Food Service, Inc.
Connect With a Coach
Fill out this form to get in touch with one of our coaches.
Chris Mellon is a visionary C-suite executive, board member, and CPA with exceptional financial, sales, and relationship acumen, specializing in supply chain/logistics, service-based entities, and banking. He has over three decades of leadership experience as CEO, CFO, and COO in various industries, including wholesale distribution, banking, consulting and advisory services, formation and sale of SaaS entities, and public accounting.
Chris is an innovative strategist with a contagious forward-thinking mindset emphasizing client relationships and value creation. He has demonstrated success identifying growth and timely dynamic change opportunities and attaining goals through effective strategic planning and execution. He adeptly navigates the dynamics of family-owned, private equity, and publicly-owned businesses, including acquisition and divestment strategies. He is experienced in fostering strong work culture, increasing diversity, and implementing talent acquisition strategies to support growth.
- President and CEO of Maines Paper & Food Service, Inc., Chris led the growth strategy to transform the $300M family-owned business into a top 10 industry leader with ≈ $4B in revenue and double-digit CAGR in sales and EBITDA.
- Served as strategic advisor to Lineage Logistics and Lineage Foodservice Solutions (owned by Bay Grove), the recent acquirer of Maines Paper & Food Service, Inc.
- Served as the Executive Vice President of Pioneer American Bank, which was acquired by NBT Bank.
- Invested in innovative technology solutions that established recurring enhanced financial performance that included the implementation of SAP, proof-of-delivery, selection, on-board computer, outsourcing IT, and other technology-based initiatives.
- Established supermarket bank branches and ATMs in non-bank entities.
- Founded and successfully divested a hospitality-based ATS SaaS.
- Was an initial lead investor in hospitality-based ERP including successful exit and angel investor in Food Rescue US.
Chris is a board member of the third-largest dental supply distributor in the U.S. and an advisory board member for two tech companies (SAP implementation and consulting, AI and RPA). He is also a former board member for a federal credit union.
Chris graduated from The Pennsylvania State University with a B.S. in Accounting. He is a KPMG alum, where he served as an Audit Manager in the banking and commercial groups. Chris has been a member of YPO (now YPO Gold) since 2007 and was a two-time regional finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year. He resides in Scranton, PA with his wife Amy and their five children.
Listen to Chris Mellon’s podcast episode – 4 Keys on the Path to Outrageous (and Profitable) Sales Growth