Serial Tech and Health-Tech Entrepreneur and Former Qualcomm Executive
Connect With a Coach
Fill out this form to get in touch with one of our coaches.
Rick Valencia is a respected global business builder, investor, advisor, and board member with extensive experience creating technology and health technology businesses. His background is deeply rooted in market disruption, rapid growth, strategy development and execution, strategic partnerships, M&A, organizational development, and extraordinary culture creation. With nearly 30 years of experience in entrepreneurial and senior executive roles, Rick is known as a visionary that has played a significant role in the creation of two new industries (Digital Health and Enterprise Telecom Management) and a servant leader who has built exceptional teams and cultures.
Rick founded his first business in his late 20s. He grew it from his garage to over 250 team members around the world that managed over $2B in annual telecom contracts, service orders, and billings for large enterprises before it was acquired by a public company. He was also a Fortune 500 senior executive where he was an intrapreneur who founded and built one of the first digital health companies. He worked with pharmaceutical, medical device, health insurance, and healthcare providers to launch numerous disruptive health technologies using wireless technology to provide greater access to care and improve health outcomes.
- Currently an angel investor in ten tech and health tech start-ups and an operating partner at Analytics Ventures.
- Founder and President of Qualcomm Life, where he completed four significant M&A transactions and secured strategic partnerships and/or joint ventures with Philips, Medtronic, Walgreens, CVS, Roche, Novartis, UnitedHealthcare, Epic, Cerner, Apple, and more. Qualcomm Life was acquired in part by Philips and in part by UnitedHealthcare.
- Founder of the $100M Qualcomm Life Fund (VC Investments). Portfolio companies included Fitbit, Telcare, Airstrip, and Kardia Mobile.
- Founder of $100M dRx Capital AG, in partnership with Novartis (VC Investments) – now owned and operated by Novartis.
- Founder and CEO of ProfitLine, which provided BPO services to large enterprise customers including Starbucks, General Dynamics, and U.S. Postal Service.
- Rick was an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year and ProfitLine was a three-time Inc. 500 honoree.
When Rick isn’t building his own businesses, he loves to help other entrepreneurs achieve their vision through focus, accountability, rigorous follow-up, and reminding them to enjoy the ride along the way. He is a 20+ year member of YPO and a member of numerous non-profit, private, and public company boards.
Rick lives in San Diego, CA with his wife Stacey. They are proud parents of two very successful adult children, Andrew and Aubrey. He has a passion for skiing, traveling with his family, philanthropy, and wine collecting.