Former CEO of Sopheon, Award-Winning Entrepreneur, and Professor at University of Pittsburgh Katz School of Business
Connect With a Coach
Fill out this form set up a meeting.
Greg Coticchia is a 5X CEO, award-winning entrepreneur, business leader, professor, and author with over 30 years’ experience in tech products and services.
- Served as the CEO and a Board Member of Sopheon (LON: SPE), a leader in enterprise innovation and product management software and services until its successful exit to Resurgens Technology, a private equity firm.
- Created and launched Carnegie Mellon University’s Master’s Program in Product Management (MSPM), the world’s first product management degree, serving as its founding executive director.
- As a serial entrepreneur earlier in his career, participated in 14 start-ups (founding four), and was an executive in various-sized organizations, from $0M to over $1B in revenue.
- Raised over $73M in venture capital in his career and has actively participated in over 17 mergers and acquisitions.
- Has been involved in or responsible for the launch of over 100 products and solutions, and several companies.
Greg has served on many boards, both at for-profit and nonprofit organizations. A graduate of the University of Pittsburgh in Industrial Engineering, where he also received his MBA, he teaches several courses including B2B marketing at the University of Pittsburgh Katz School of Business. He holds certificates in Entrepreneurial Management from Carnegie Mellon University and Professional Coaching from Duquesne University.
Greg was named as a finalist three times for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award and for the Tech 50 CEO of the Year. He was also named a 2006 and 2023 Distinguished Graduate of the University of Pittsburgh, from the Katz School of Business and Swanson School of Engineering respectively. His book, “Start Your Startup Right,” is available on Amazon.