Former CEO of Several Multi-Billion Dollar Companies
Connect With a Coach
Fill out this form set up a meeting.
Michael Marchi is a senior business executive with a history of improving financial and operational performance resulting in increased shareholder value. Michael’s experience includes leadership roles in public, private equity, and family-owned privately-held global corporations including General Electric, Citibank, Kohler, American Standard, Grohe, Lixil, and SK Capital.
He has served in both fiduciary and advisory board roles in both for-profit and not-for-profit corporations including Uponor, Interceramic Corporation, Jennifer Adams Worldwide, and Portland Providence Medical Center. Michael has broad-based industry knowledge in plumbing, electrical, chemical, medical manufacturing, decorative hardware, retail, wholesale distribution, licensing, and banking.
Michael has been a six-time CEO/president with full P&L responsibility for $20M, $75M, $130M, $150M, $1.2B, and $2.0B companies.
- Michael has strong functional expertise in sales, marketing, supply chain/operations, and digital/e-commerce. He has a history of providing strategic and operational leadership to successfully spearhead rapid growth, lead turnarounds, and integrate B2B & B2C operations for multiple companies. He has managed large corporate organizations, midsized private equity-backed businesses, and small entrepreneurial companies.
- Michael then became an executive with Kohler Company for fourteen years. Kohler is a $6B privately-held family-owned manufacturing company where he was ultimately promoted to President – Kohler Kitchen and Bath Americas and led the largest most profitable business in the Kohler portfolio from 2007 to 2011 generating sales of over $1.6B. Michael worked with his team to gain nearly 600 basis points of market share during the economic recession of 2008 to 2010.
- Michael was recruited to Grohe as President and CEO of Grohe Americas located in NYC. Michael was responsible for strategic direction, driving profitable growth, and expanding the Americas business portfolio.
- In March 2015, he assumed the role of Chief Operating Officer for American Standard/Lixil. He has grown top-line double digits, improved GM by 640 basis points, and increased EBIT 252% over the prior year.
- In 2017, Michael was recruited to be CEO of Aristech Surfaces. Aristech is a manufacturer of acrylic sheets and solid surface materials for the commercial market. Aristech is a $125M family office-owned business of SK Capital in NYC. Michael grew the Aristech business double digits in both top and bottom line during the 2017 fiscal year improving sales & EBITDA.
Michael grew up in the Chicago suburbs; he was one of four children. He holds an MBA in Finance from DePaul University and a B.S. in Economics & Marketing from Elmhurst College. He is a graduate of the General Manager Program at the Harvard Business School and a graduate of the GE Managerial Development Program at GE Crotonville.
He currently lives in the Phoenix, AZ area with Linda, his wife of 40 years.
Listen to Michael Marchi’s podcast episode – Smart CEOs Invest in Branding