Recycling Business Executive and Longtime CEO
Connect With a Coach
Fill out this form set up a meeting.
John Daniel is a proven leader with 25 years of experience taking companies through turnarounds, then onto rapid, profitable growth. During this time, he has successfully acquired and integrated seven companies and completed six different turnarounds. Additionally, he has led three successful startups including co-developing a $100 million international trading business. John is currently the CEO of Canusa Hershman, a $400 million dollar international supplier of raw materials to the paper, plastic, and metals industries.
Prior to Canusa Hershman, John was the CEO of Federal International Recycling and Waste Solutions. As the CEO, he reversed losses of over $500,000 annually and then led the company to a CAGR of profits exceeding 44% over an 11-year period. John was instrumental in transforming the organization from an individually owned business into a family office with a formal board of directors.
- Developed a turnaround strategy focused on people management, sales processes, and pricing, cost control and budgeting, prudent debt levels, and tight business processes and controls
- As CEO at Federal International, he grew the business from $20 million to over $90 million while maintaining a positive free cash flow and improving operating margins 10-fold by repositioning the business in a different segment of the industry
- Co-developed an international commodity and derivative trading business that exceeded $100 million in sales and $10 million in EBITDA in year two
- Completed 12-month turnaround of a 130 truck, $45 million revenue trash hauling company in Houston that suffered from five years of declining revenue but resulted in increased revenue and a reversal of losses
- Has traveled and completed business transactions throughout Latin America, Europe, and Asia
- Extensive experience in designing and managing B2B sales programs resulting in 30%+ growth in three different industries
John has a B.A. in Chemistry and MBA from St. Louis University. He has been married for 22 years to his wife Rita and has two sons, 8-year-old Matthew and 16-year-old Thomas. He enjoys spending weekends with his boys – mountain biking, playing video games, jumping at trampoline parks, riding at skate parks, and indoor rock climbing; he also loves spending weekend evenings eating out with his wife. His hobbies include running, biking, and lifting weights. John has completed numerous endurance events including marathons, triathlons, and the infamous Class #69 GoRuck Heavy, a 27-hour endurance event with an 80% dropout rate.