Turnaround Specialist and Former Mattel Executive
Connect With a Coach
Fill out this form to get in touch with one of our coaches.
Mateo Romano is a high-impact, global, entrepreneurial, consumer products industry leader with 25+ years of experience at top brands including Mattel and Tyco Toys. He is an exceptional driver of business growth, revenues, and profitability at companies across the U.S., Europe, and Latin America.
Mateo has specific expertise developing extraordinary company cultures that bring sustained success to businesses and organizations. He has a proven track record building brands and teams across the globe. He is also a future-focused turnaround specialist with a long-term strategic vision and expertise at leading business transformation. As a Coach, Mateo brings a strong, collaborative, team building and mentoring expertise to his engagements along with his managerial and profit-generating skills.
- Served in various executive roles throughout North America, South America, and Europe during his 20 years at Mattel, Inc.
- As VP of Global Commercial Marketing, Mateo developed the SKU optimization process, developed a line architecture dashboard to keep track of the SKUs developed, and created the process to develop e-commerce ready product.
- Mateo led the restructuring of the Mattel European subsidiaries into a $1B regional organization.
- In Mattel Spain, he turned around a stagnant sales trend delivering 7% growth for 3 years in a row.
- Changed the distribution strategy for Mattel Latin America, replacing distributors by local sales and marketing teams to sell direct to retailers.
- Established the European hub for Moose Toys to launch their direct-to-retail operation across Europe, replacing distributors and decreasing prices, resulting in growth in sales and margin.
- He is a decisive and exceptional negotiator.
Mateo attended Universidad Tecnológica de México and has been a member of YPO (now YPO Gold). He is a Global Advisory Board Member at Virtual Advisory Board (VAB). He also served as the Co-Chairman of Toy Industries of Europe (TIE). He is fluent in Spanish and English.
Mateo resides in Redondo Beach, CA with his wife and 3 kids and enjoys riding bicycle, running, and kayaking.