Former Mercedes-Benz Financial Services CEO And Global Leader In Automotive Retail And Wholesale Industry
Connect With a Coach
Fill out this form to get in touch with one of our coaches.
Juergen Rochert is a seasoned senior executive and CEO with 39 years of global experience in the captive financial and insurance services industry and the automotive retail and wholesale industry. He is an expert at driving profitable growth, customer retention and loyalty, risk management, and cross-cultural leadership. He excels at leading struggling businesses through challenging times, helping them to navigate crises and continue to achieve growth and profitability.
As an innovative and driven leader, Juergen has been highly successful in various executive roles for the Mercedes-Benz and Daimler Truck Financial Services Companies around the globe, including Mexico, Canada, the United States, Germany, and Australia/New Zealand.
- Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Australia/New Zealand – Launched aggressive growth strategy based on market opportunities and team capabilities. Led organization through COVID lockdown and customer payment deferral challenges, achieving record profitability in both 2020 and 2021. Spun off Daimler Truck business from PC and van business as part of global Daimler separation in separate PC/Van and Truck/Bus stock traded companies.
- Vice President, Head of Daimler Truck Financial, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services USA – Took over very challenged, highly cyclical Daimler Truck USA financing business in aftermath of the global financial crisis. Worked through largest fleet failures (1,000 +units) with small, dedicated, task force-type teams, and provided fleet customers short-term financial relief and time to restructure. Aligned original equipment manufacturer (OEM), dealer body, and other stakeholders on cooperative crisis management. Achieved dramatic volume (to $11 billion) and market share growth at the beginning of the economic rebound.
- President & Managing Director, Daimler Financial Services Mexico – With the DaimlerChrysler de-merger, Juergen returned to Mexico to carve out the Daimler business from Chrysler Financial and rebuild the Daimler team and strategy. Stayed profitable through the global financial crisis.
- Vice President, Head of Mercedes-Benz Financial Services USA – Took over Mercedes-Benz car financing division in the U.S. after heavy residual losses and strategy challenges in the DaimlerChrysler environment. Complete turnaround including leadership realignment, cooperation and colocation with sales company, and refined business segmentation resulting in significant volume growth to beyond 15 billion.
- President & CEO, DaimlerChrysler Financial Services Canada – Successfully merged the Canadian financing businesses for Mercedes-Benz (including Daimler Trucks) and the Chrysler Group. He integrated and streamlined the management team and operations, achieved dramatic portfolio growth beyond CAD 10 billion, and became one of the highest-ranking Daimler executives in the Chrysler-dominated North American leadership team for Financial Services. Was one of the top 25 executives invited to join an internal global advisory group.
- Managing Director, Mercedes-Benz Leasing Mexico – Led the turnaround and complete restructuring of the financing business in Mexico after heavy losses and legal challenges in the aftermath of the Peso crisis. Focused on asset recovery strategies while supporting Truck and Bus sales with innovative financing strategies.
Juergen was also a member of the Operating Committee for the Daimler Financial Services Region Americas for 10 years and the Africa, Asia/Pacific Region for six years.
Juergen has an Executive Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Connecticut and a Bachelor of Business Administration from Berufsakademie Stuttgart. He was a Board Member for the Detroit Chapter of World Presidents (WPO) and has been a member of YPO for nearly 20 years (five different chapters as he moved around the globe). He speaks English, German, and Spanish.
Juergen now resides in Grosse Pointe Shores, MI with his wife Cynthia and has two daughters, one in 3rd grade and the other attending Michigan State University. He is passionate about golf and enjoyed living in Australia where he was able to play on some of the most spectacular courses in the world.