Former CEO of $1B Global Sales and Distribution Business
Connect With a Coach
Fill out this form to get in touch with one of our coaches.
Angela M. Korompilas has 25 years of experience in global sales & distribution, hospitality, and family business. For more than seven years, she served as Chief Executive Officer of American Hotel Register, a privately held, $1B supplier of operating supplies and equipment (OSE), servicing customers in more than 170 countries around the world. Angela was responsible for the strategic vision, growth, and leadership of the company and led it through the sale process, transitioning it from a 3rd/4th generation family-owned business into a private equity-backed platform company.
Cultivating a culture that valued people and partnerships, Angela worked with her team to enrich customer and supplier relationships, drive new business development, strengthen the organization’s global infrastructure, enhance internal operations, champion its digital transformation, and deliver the best financial results in the company’s history.
- Scaling/Business Development: Scaled business from $150M catalog company into $1B global distributor of operating supplies and equipment (OSE).
- Business Transformation: Championed a multi-year $60M SAP infrastructure implementation and digital transformation – driving growth of e-commerce sales from 20% to 80%.
- International Operations and M&A: Successfully led and integrated international acquisitions and teams, transforming into a global business with key offices in Chicago, Amsterdam, Dubai, Singapore, Bangkok, Melbourne, and Shanghai.
- Culture Builder and Diversity Champion: Achieved best-in-class associate and customer engagement scores and increased gender diversity amongst the leadership team from 20% to over 50%.
- Performance Driven: Achieved record top and bottom-line results; spearheaded the implementation of pricing optimization and strategic sourcing supplier and SKU rationalization processes.
Angela is an active member of the Chicago Chapter of the Young Presidents’ Organization (YPO), the Kellogg Executive Women’s Network, The Chicago Network (TCN), and the Economic Club of Chicago. Angela also served on the advisory boards of Avendra and Inteplast and was a Director for International Hotel Supply and the Chicago Botanic Garden. A Chicago native, Angela is a graduate of the University of Illinois and Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management Executive Education program. Together with her husband and teenage son, they enjoy reading, being active, and traveling.