Former CEO and Sales and Marketing Disruptor
Connect With a Coach
Fill out this form to get in touch with one of our coaches.
After growing up in a serial entrepreneurial family and working in the family businesses, Kelly Wade amassed nearly 30 years of sales, marketing, and management experience focused on growing and leading people, cultivating unique cultures, and developing strategic long-term growth plans for a variety of industries. She spent the last decade with one of the largest commercial roofing companies, where she helped transition the company to an ESOP as the COO and led the company through a highly successful sale to private equity as the first female CEO in the national roofing industry.
- Interim CEO (hired to restructure the company for a sale) of $100M+ residential and multi-family roofing services suite of companies at Crown Capital in Sarasota, FL.
- Served in various executive roles for third-generation North American Roofing Inc., including Director of Sales & Marketing, Executive VP, COO, and CEO/Board Member (2009-2019). Kelly was the first female CEO in the national roofing industry. She implemented many disruptive concepts with field technology, sales tools, sales hiring, sales strategy, and customer service. She led the development of innovative high-margin services. She was invited to speak multiple times at industry events. She successfully completed the sale of the company following a nine-figure competitive bidding process. She remained CEO post-sale for one year through the transition.
- Oversaw marketing for third-generation Mannington Mills, the second largest flooring manufacturer in North America based in New Jersey, where she implemented disruptive concepts (especially with e-commerce) that gained national attention.
- Account Management with ad agencies Rapp Collins Worldwide and Young & Rubicam in Chicago and The Goss Agency in Asheville, servicing MCI Friends & Family, Blockbuster, Cherokee Indians, Farnam Custom Products, and Massey Ferguson.
- Founded personal shopper subscription e-commerce company Shopeasy and partnered in residential home building company Arizen Homes.
- Worked in various roles in family businesses Wade’s Clothing and franchises owner Choice Hotels.
Kelly received a B.A. in English Journalism from Miami University and is an MBA in Global Finance degree candidate for 2022. She also has a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt from Villanova University.
During her time as CEO of North American Roofing, Kelly was a Corporate Partner to both the Salvation Army of Sarasota and Boys & Girls Club in Tampa. She earned the key to the city of Temple Terrace outside of Tampa for developing a new type of “all-in” corporate partnership with the teen program. She was a regular volunteer at Manna Food Bank in Asheville, NC and All Faiths Food Bank in Sarasota, FL. Most recently, she was a Board Member of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America in Sarasota County.
Kelly splits her time between Santa Barbara, CA and Jackson Hole, WY and has two adult sons and a Siberian Husky. She enjoys hiking, climbing, trail running, skiing, yoga, international travel, investing, keyboard, reading, French, and writing. Her next personal goal: climbing the Seven Summits of the world.
Listen to Kelly Wade’s podcast episode – 4 Keys to Kelly Wade’s Rise From Stacking Levi’s to Trailblazing CEO