Don brings over 25 years of experience leading high-growth businesses. He brings together an in-depth understanding of technology with a data-driven “test-everything” philosophy: You can’t manage what you can’t measure. Don’s approach to coaching focuses on three pillars of success: people, process, and systems, in that order.
- Deep domain expertise in SaaS business models, professional services, financial services, hi-tech product development, telecom markets and building a high-performing company cultures.
- As COO, led the rapid growth of Grasshopper, the Entrepreneur’s Phone System, beating quarterly business goals for over 21 consecutive quarters and resulting in a highly successful sale of the business to Citrix (over $170 MM sale price).
- Led all aspects of the M&A process, including investment bank selection, deal negotiations, FCC approval and the entire sell-side due diligence process.
- Won award for the 2016 Best New Mentor at TechStars Boston.
- Co-founded Sagebridge Solutions to implement commercial Internet business solutions for small and medium businesses (SMBs). Achieved a 163% compound annual growth rate over three years and grew customer base to over 200 clients.
- Led the growth of Granitar, a top-tier professional services and tech consulting firm, from 60 consultants to over 200 consultants in under 2 years and raised over $15 MM in venture capital.
- Developed operational strategies for fortune 500 companies as a senior consultant with Mitchell Madison Group, a spinout of McKinsey & Company.
Obtained an MBA from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Obtained a B.S. in Computer and Electrical Engineering from Clarkson University.
- Married with three children
- Served on the board of the Assabet Valley Chamber of Commerce and held role of Vice Chairman
- Avid golfer. I’m a 1 handicap in my heart and a15 handicap in reality
- Getting the family back into downhill skiing to bring enjoyment into the long winters of the North East
- Obtained personal pilots license in my youth and dream of getting behind the yoke again