How do you build two $300 million companies?
Michael Maas has built two $300 million companies in the past 20 years and he’s now bringing his skills to CEO Coaching International as our newest coach and partner. Read his bio below and contact us if you’d like to explore hiring Michael as your professional coach.
Michael is a successful professional manager and entrepreneur who, over a 20 year period, helped build and grow two different companies in the video game sector (Crave Entertainment Group, Solutions 2 GO LLC) to $300M in annual revenue each year.
From 1994 when Michael Joined Crave Entertainment Group to 1999, the company grew from $11M in revenue to $175M in revenue. During the later stages of this rapid growth, Michael and his business partner made numerous, almost catastrophic mistakes and Crave Entertainment Group went from a $10M annual loss, a called loan, and near bankruptcy in 2000 to a profit of $15M and a successful sale to a publicly traded company at an enterprise value of over $100M in less than 5 years.
After the sale of Crave Entertainment Group in 2005, Michael continued to serve as its CEO from 2005 – 2008 under public company ownership. After leaving Crave Entertainment Group, in 2009 Michael and his business partner started Solutions 2 GO; and from 2009 – 2014 Michael served as its CEO and led a team that organically grew the business from inception to over $300M annual revenue in less than 5 years.
In 2014, Michael resigned as CEO and sold most of his ownership interest in Solutions 2 GO to his business partner so that he could focus his time, effort, and passion on health, family, friends, and helping others in new and fulfilling ways. Michael is active in YPO-WPO and philanthropic causes and is very blessed to be able to help others through CEO Coaching.
• Helped build and grow two companies to $300M in annual revenue each and successfully exited both businesses
• Helped turn around a business from a $10M loss and near bankruptcy to a $15M profit and a successful sale in less
than 5 years
• Helped lead a sale of a company to a publicly traded company for over $100M in enterprise value
• Served as CEO for a subsidiary of a publicly traded company
• Led a team that built a business from inception to over $300M in annual revenue in less than 5 years
• Successfully exited a business by selling a majority of his ownership interest to his business partner
• Serves on the advisory board for Solutions 2 GO
• Serves on the advisory board for Pintar Investment Company, a professional residential real estate fund manager
• Served on the board of directors for Orange County Child Abuse Prevention (OCCAP) Organization from 2006 -2010
• Served two terms as the former Chairman of YPO Orange County from 2010-2011 and 2012-2013
• Serves as a board member of WPO Orange County
• Serves on the advisory board for Gamechanger.org, a charitable organization devoted to serving severely and
terminally ill children through the collective resources of the video game industry
About CEO Coaching International
CEO Coaching International works with CEOs and their leadership teams to achieve extraordinary results quarter after quarter, year after year. Known globally for its success in coaching growth-focused entrepreneurs to meaningful exits, CEO Coaching International has coached more than 1,000 CEOs and entrepreneurs in more than 60 countries and 45 industries. The coaches at CEO Coaching International are former CEOs, presidents, or executives who have made BIG happen. The firm’s coaches have led double-digit sales and profit growth in businesses ranging in size from startups to over $10 billion, and many are founders that have led their companies through successful eight, nine, and ten-figure exits. Companies working with CEO Coaching International for two years or more have experienced an average EBITDA CAGR of 67.8% during their time as a client, nearly four times the U.S. average and a revenue CAGR of 25.5%, more than twice the U.S. average.