Cynthia Cleveland is a five-time CEO/President having led companies that have generated over $4 billion in worldwide sales across consumer products, entertainment and retail. Her 30+ year career has spanned well-known companies including Universal Studios, Mattel Toys, and Teleflora gifts driving significant growth and profitability.
Cynthia was named “One of the Top 100 Visionary Leaders” by Real Leaders Magazine. She is an experienced board member having served on over 10 boards including top leadership in Young President’s Organization (YPO), the premier leadership organization of chief executives having served as Chapter Chair, on the regional board and selected for International Leadership.
- Cleveland is an expert in developing, translating and monetizing intellectual property rights into major global consumer brands and new businesses across diverse industries. A 5-time CEO-President, Cynthia has led companies ranging from Fortune 500s to private for-profit companies to start-ups.
- Companies Cynthia has led have generated over $4 billion in worldwide sales across consumer product, entertainment, and publishing brands. Her career has spanned well-known companies including Universal Studios, Mattel Toys, Teleflora Gifts and Carnation Foods.
- Cynthia co-founded and is CEO of Broadthink, a media, marketing, branding, and business strategy company and BroadLit Inc., a publishing and digital business selling Romance eBooks, licensed merchandise and in development of a digital Romance channel based on acquired True Romance and True Love magazine romance libraries.
- As worldwide division president at Universal Studios, Cynthia led their global consumer business, representing all Universal divisions with staff and agents in 45 territories around the world. She launched Universal Interactive Studios creators of Crash Bandicoot, which sold over 15 million games worldwide and Spyro the Dragon, recently reintroduced by Electronic Arts, generating $1 billion in sales.
Community Involvement and Education Highlights
- Cynthia has been an active leader in YPO (Young Presidents Organization) for over 20 years with leadership roles including International Networks Committee, to elected Women’s Network Chair, leading the 1,400+ female members in initiatives ranging from Board Education to Mentoring.
- Cynthia was named “One of the Top 100 Visionary Leaders” by Real Leaders Magazine in 2015.
- Cleveland is an experienced board member having served on 10 Fiduciary and Advisory boards including both profit (CPP-The Myers Briggs Company, Imaginarium Toys) to nonprofit (YPO, Indiana University).
- In 2014, Cynthia was invited to become a Trustee for the Committee for Economic Development (CED), a public policy organization of top business leaders. Cynthia is also a member of the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) and the Women Corporate Directors (WCD).
- Cynthia received her MBA in Marketing from University of Southern California and B.S. and M.S. in Education/Psychology from Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana. She resides in Beverly Hills, CA with her family.