Gordon Forsythe is an experienced CEO, Board Director, and entrepreneur with an impressive track record of fixing underperforming companies, both privately held and publicly traded, across a number of verticals, ranging from wireless, SaaS, telecom, technology, light manufacturing, advisory services, and within a P.E. environment.
As someone with the passion of a successful entrepreneur and the discipline of a skilled corporate executive, Gordon has consistently and dramatically increased profits and improved operations within turnarounds and rapid change environments for divisions of corporations and small and medium-size business. He has successfully led organizations ranging from entrepreneurial start-ups to divisions of Bell Canada and Constellation Software.
- Responsible for a portfolio of software companies, growing revenues from $35m to $80m and EBITDA from $14m to $37m over a 2-year period.
- Led a privately-owned family business, growing revenues, over a 3-year period, from $60m to $130m and EBITDA from $12m to $27m.
- Transformed the struggling Bell Canada conferencing division into the largest and most profitable in the marketplace. Engineered a significant turnaround, increasing revenues from $43m to $78m and EBITDA from $5M to $28M over a 2-year period. Achieved the highest level of employee and customer satisfaction within the corporation.
- Rapidly restructured and stabilized the underperforming Accutel organization, dramatically increasing the revenues, profits, market share and valuations. Initiated and led the highly accretive sale of the company to Bell Canada Enterprises.
Gordon possesses a passion for mentoring and coaching entrepreneurs, high-potential employees, and next generation talent. He’s taken active mentoring roles in the following organizations:
- Richard Ivey School of Business: Entrepreneur-in-Residence
- MaRS: Advisor, Information Technology, Communication and Entertainment (ICE)
- Next 36: Mentor. The Next 36 is a national program with the goal of nurturing and transforming Canada’s most talented undergraduates into high-impact entrepreneurs.
Gordon and his wife, Myrna, have been married for more than 30 years and enjoy cottaging, traveling, specifically to the Adriatic coast in Croatia, and staying active in a number of physical pursuits. They are the proud parents of two grown and successful children.
Gordon received his MBA from the Ivey School of Business and is an active member of YPO, where he’s held a number of leadership and educational roles.