Rafe Wilkinson is a serial entrepreneur with over 30 years of experience leading organizations that achieved great success in digital marketing, retail convenience, contract security and healthcare consulting. Rafe believes that an MBA is optional, BUT a GSD (Getting Stuff Done) approach is required, and that success is best achieved by focusing on strategy, people, and financial management. Prior to his business career, Rafe played in the NFL for the Denver Broncos and was a member of the 1987 Super Bowl Team.
- Most recently, Rafe led the healthcare division that accounted for $370m in annual revenue.
- Led the successful sale of ODS Security Solutions to a $2 Billion strategic buyer resulting in a 23X multiple incremental to initial investment.
- Prior CEO, ODS Security Solutions a security services firm that specialized in the hospital sector.
- Managed a distributed workforce that grew from 30 employees to over 1,000+ spread across multiple states.
- Drove revenue growth 30% year over year for 7 consecutive years.
- Managed banking relationships and credit facilities that permitted rapped growth without outside capital.
- Adopted technology platforms that reduced cost by 14% and boosted productivity by 42%
- Operational Partner with IDEA Fund Partners providing early stage finacing to entrepreneurs.
- Recognized as one of the Top 50 Fastest growing companies three times in Virginia.
- Recognized by E&Y with the coveted Entrepreneurial Excellence Award.
- Active member in YPO, Past Chapter Chair(2X), Regional Chair, IMC, Assisted in starting 4 chapters, PRC and various task forces.
- Tiger21 member.
- Mentoring entrepreneurs at StartUP Virginia
- Mentoring college athletes to shape their brand story for life after athletics
- Graduate of University of Richmond
- Thrilled to be married to his bride Amy since 1995.
- Father to two remarkable children that are uncovering their passions in life, Madison and Rafe, Jr. (RJ).
- Enjoys physical conditioning with cardio and weight training.
- Other interests includes, family travel experiences, extreme fishing, sailing, hiking and meditation.