Tanios Viviani is a successful and energetic inside entrepreneur with a proven +30-year track record of innovating brands for high growth, executing digital transformation, establishing efficient supply-chain structures, negotiating alliances and M&A, and building high performing teams for public, family-owned, and private equity portfolio companies.
Tanios is fourth generation in a family of entrepreneurs in the food, retail, and hospitality industries. He has led several global consumer product companies as CEO, COO, and President, with revenue ranging from $20 million to $3 billion, in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America for Procter & Gamble, Chiquita Brands, and Newell Brands.
He draws from his love for speed as a pilot and motorcyclist to help leaders rapid prototype their growth vision. He integrates the needs of the individual, the requirements for business success, and the possibilities of technology to create “play to win” strategies. He inspires leaders to be courageous and bold, and not waste time on things that hold them back from reaching their full potential.
- As CEO of Fresh Express Foods Co., grew sales over $1.2 billion achieving leading 44% market share in the pre-packaged salads industry.
- Hired and developed high performing global teams operating in 3 continents, running 5 manufacturing facilities, and guiding +5,500 employees.
- Led Chiquita Brands global growth and innovation strategies over 7 years, transforming it into a diversified, higher margin fresh foods company.
- COO of JBC, Newell Brands, established operational KPIs for all 47 manufacturing and distribution sites, delivering over $70M in synergies.
- Built an e-commerce platform for all JBC brands on path to $200 million in sales. JBC results enabled Jarden to be sold at +24% premium to its stock price.
- As President of the Americas for Amway Corp implemented a successful 5-year “play to win” growth roadmap, eliminating +1,500 non-performing SKUs, improving operating margin by 50%, and doubling EBITDA.
- As Managing Director for global innovation at The Procter & Gamble Co. created the first direct-to-consumer digital selling organization and operating model integrating Web, CRM, Analytics, and fulfillment operations: Tide Cleaners.
- Led global strategic planning for $12 billion Fabric Care Division. Worked across the globe generating +$500 million in new product sales of Dawn®, Downy®, Tide®, and Pantene®.
- Founding member and instructor of P&G Marketing University and IDEO/P&G Innovation Gym, coaching business leaders across the globe.
- Tanios is a Northwestern University Kellogg Executive Scholar in General Management. He received his MBA from the University of Akron.
- Named on the Financial Times Agenda as one of the top 100 Board Candidates with Global Skills.
- A member of YPO and active with a variety of community organizations, including JDRF International, AFS Intercultural, and WE Charity.
- Husband to a college educator and father of two daughters, Tanios is a champion for women’s empowerment.
- Tanios is a pilot with the U.S. Air Force Civil Air Patrol, a Ducatista enthusiast, a triathlon trainee, and a dilettante orchardist.