Alberto Carvalho is a global business leader with extensive experience in the fast-moving consumer goods industry, having had a successful career of 26 years at Procter & Gamble. He has worked in 5 different countries, holding multiple and diversified CEO/President roles in businesses ranging from $25MM to $3B in sales.
Alberto has specific expertise in high-growth international companies. He has extensive experience as both board member and CEO within a variety of industries which has allowed him a deep understanding and strong skills working with Boards of Directors and complex investor structures.
Alberto combines very sharp strategic thinking with strong day-to-day operations skills. He is a game-changer that brings sustained success to businesses and organizations. He has a proven track record in product and commercial innovation, building brands, and go-to-market operations in countries, regions, and across the globe.
- Operating Partner at Advent International Private Equity. Alberto is currently an operating partner at Advent International Private Equity. He is also an investor and board member in several companies and organizations. He founded United Way in Chile and is currently a member of Instituto Ayrton Senna Board of Directors, the leading education institute in Brazil and of the Advisory Board of the Center for Emerging Markets at the School of Business at Northeastern University.
- CEO of P&G Brazil. Until recently, Alberto was the CEO for P&G in Brazil where he led a major profit turnaround and sales growth during his 5 years tenure despite the country’s worst economic crisis ever. During his time as CEO, Brazil experienced a GDP decline, 70% currency devaluation, and double-digit unemployment and inflation rates. P&G grew share in most categories and was named #1 supplier.
- Vice President of Gillette. Previously, Alberto led Gillette for emerging markets then globally out of Boston and transformed the $3B business into a sales and profit growth machine for almost a decade. He also developed and launched Gillette Guard, a new to the world product targeted at low-income consumers in India, which achieved an 18% market share, reached over 100 million men, and has been featured in several books, media articles, and university business programs.
- CEO of The Art of Shaving. Alberto also led the acquisition, management, and growth of P&G’s only retail business, The Art of Shaving, delivering four times more stores and strong same-store sales growth.
- CEO of P&G Argentina and Chile. Before Gillette, Alberto was CEO of P&G Argentina and P&G Chile. He led unprecedented sales and profit growth despite the 2001 Argentinian economic debacle and took P&G to market leadership in hair care and baby care in both countries.
Alberto is an aeronautical engineer and member of the Brazilian Air Force Reserve. He lives between Miami and Sao Paulo, Brazil, is married with two kids, and competes in triathlons and marathons.