Rick Sapio is a life-long entrepreneur who started his first company when he was 13 years old, after the untimely death of his father. Since then, he has founded more than 20 companies.
For 24 years, Rick has been the Founder and CEO of a financial holding company. He is proud of being the Founding Chair and six-time Chair of the Gathering of Titans Program, an annual event held at MIT in Boston. He is a 1987 graduate of Rutgers University and holds a bachelor of science degree in engineering. Rick resides in Dallas with his wife, Melissa, and their four children
At the age of 30, Rick started an investment holding company, called Mutual Capital Alliance, Inc. (MCA), which has made more than 100 investments in the past 24 years. His firm has invested into private companies, public companies, start-ups, and real estate. Currently, MCA has dozens of direct and indirect holdings (through its funds) which include publicly-traded companies and funds, private funds, private companies, real estate, and loans. MCA is also an investor in 10 healthcare and medical device companies.
- Has Taken Nine Companies Public
- Directed 17 Successful Corporate Turnarounds
- Completed Capital Raises for 30 Companies and Funds
- Involved in 15 Liquidity Events
- Served Two Years as Chairman of the Dallas Chapter of Entrepreneurs Organization
- Six-Time Chairman of “The Gathering of Titans” Program Held at MIT
- Former President of The Dallas Round Table
- YPO Gold Member
- Four-Time Graduate of The Stagen Leadership Program
- Has Created 40 Weekly Accountability Groups for CEO Leaders Using a Proven Formula
- Created and Launched the Term: Catalyzing Statement™, in his 2013 TEDx Talk in Italy